- If you have total IV fluid requirement and want to achieve specific Glucose Infusion Rate (GIR), you have to mix 5% dextrose, 10% dextrose, 25% dextrose, or dextrose free fluid in different proportions. Calculate the volume of various concentration of fluids you have to mix with this tool.
- Enter baby’s weight in grams.
- Enter volume of IV fluid you plan to give over next 24 hours.
- Enter desired GIR.
- Tool will display the volume of different dextrose solutions you need to mix to achieve desired GIR.
- Tool will also display dextrose concentration of final IV fluid.
Contact us for queries and suggestions.